Many people grill or deep-fry turkey and don't have pan drippings to jump-start the gravy. This recipe will still give you that homey flavor. Recipe is from Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat about 1 minute, do not brown; add 1 can of the broth; bring to a simmer.
- 2In large measuring cup or bowl with a pouring spout, whisk remaining can of broth, gravy starter and flour.
- 3Gradually pour flour mixture into simmering broth while stirring with a wooden spoon to incorporate.
- 4Add salt, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- 5Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a full boil.
- 6Once boiling, cook 3 minutes, until thickened (to test thickness, draw your finger through gravy on back of spoon. If distinct line forms, the gravy is ready).
- 7Transfer to a gravy boat and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (868 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 435.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: