Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Once you try these you will share this recipe with family and friends. These are the most delicious ginger snaps and are very simple to make. They remind me of the ginger snaps I used to buy when I was a child. They are a little crunchy and a little chewy at the same time, spicy but not too spicy for children.
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco (plain)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone baking liner.
- 2. Cream the Crisco and sugar together with a hand or stand mixer until creamy.
- 3. Add egg and molasses, mix until all are combined.
- 4. Sift the remaining ingredients together, then stir into wet mixture until all are combined and the mixture is uniformed.
- 5. Use a measuring tablespoon and scoop out dough, roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet. Use 2 fingers to flatten them a little.
- 6. Bake 12 -14 minutes, then let cool slightly (about 2 minutes) before placing on wire rack for remaining cool down time. ( about 5 minutes).