Recipe by L. Duch
This is the best fudge of all time. It's simple. It's on the back of the marshmallow fluff jar. I made a few substitutions for the vanilla and walnuts
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 12 ounces bakers semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT: sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in a 3 quart saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil until candy thermometer reaches 234 deg, stirring constatly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
- STIR: in chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted; stir in vanilla (or orange) extract and pecans.
- SPREAD: immediately in foil lined 9 inch square pan. Top with more nuts, if desired. Cool at room temperature at least 4 hours' cut into squares. Store in air tight container.