1/1 Photo of The Perfect French Toast
Start Sunday off with the delectable dish that has made Alberto Hoyas, chef at Brooklyn's famous-for-their-brunch Red Rail, a wanted man. Clipped from Mademoiselle magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together, beating until thick, about 5 minutes.
- 2Dip slices of thick white or challah bread in the mixture, coating both sides.
- 3Add a pat of butter in a pan and sear bread until the egg is just cooked and bread starts to brown; flip and repeat.
- 4Garnish with a few drops of melted butter and a generous sprinkling of powdered sugar and serve with fresh fruit or warm maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 150.7 mg
- Sodium 62.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g