1/1 Photo of The Perfect French Toast
Start Sunday off with the delectable dish that has made Alberto Hoyas, chef at Brooklyn's famous-for-their-brunch Red Rail, a wanted man. Clipped from Mademoiselle magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together, beating until thick, about 5 minutes.
- 2Dip slices of thick white or challah bread in the mixture, coating both sides.
- 3Add a pat of butter in a pan and sear bread until the egg is just cooked and bread starts to brown; flip and repeat.
- 4Garnish with a few drops of melted butter and a generous sprinkling of powdered sugar and serve with fresh fruit or warm maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 150.7 mg
- Sodium 62.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g