Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
In my quest for the perfect, fluffy on the inside, baked potato, this may be it!
Top Review by Grannydragon
I wondered why restaurants put the course ground salt on potatoes and how it stayed on. I love salt and thought this was just a nice touch. Did not know about the egg white, however. I did it your way for supper two nights ago. Neat idea! Thank you!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Scrub and dry potatoes, remove any blemishes.
- Beat egg white until foamy.
- Prick potatoes several times.
- Coat potato in egg white.
- Roll in salt.
- Bake for approx 60 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings (butter, sour cream, cheese, all of the above!).