1/1 Photo of The Perfect Cornbread
I got this recipe from America's Test Kitchen. I saw them make it on TV and decided to try it myself. It turned out great, just as they said it would. So why should you try it? It's the perfect combination of a sweet and savory cornbread that will please everyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Spray 8-inch-square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl until combined; set aside.
- 4In food processor or blender, process brown sugar, corn kernels, and buttermilk until combined, about 5 seconds.
- 5Add eggs and process until well combined (corn lumps will remain), about 5 seconds longer.
- 6Using rubber spatula, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- 7Pour wet ingredients into well.
- 8Begin folding dry ingredients into wet, giving mixture only a few turns to barely combine.
- 9Add melted butter and continue folding until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- 10Pour batter into prepared baking dish; smooth surface with rubber spatula.
- 11Bake until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes.
- 12Cool on wire rack rack 10 minutes.
- 13Best served warm; leftovers can be wrapped in foil and reheated in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.1
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 169.2 mg
- Sodium 820.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 13.7 g