Recipe by MarissaB
I got this recipe from my grandparents, who got it from Good Housekeeping magazine. I have substituted some of the ingredients to match what I have in my kitchen (egg substitute for eggs, for example).
- 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups nonfat yogurt, plain
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spread in 9x9 metal baking pan; place in oven just until the spread melts, about 3 to 5 minutes; tilt the pan to coat.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In medium bowl, with fork, beat yogurt and eggs until blended.
- Add melted spread to the yogurt mixture, then add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture; stir just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until golden at edges and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes; serve warm.