Recipe by Ozzy
This will make your mouth water! I took the recipe from a magazine - it looked out of this world and tasted the same! Always use good quality dark chocolate though!
- 150 g dark chocolate-coated digestive biscuits
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 250 g quality dark chocolate
- 280 ml whipping cream
- 150 ml ready made prepared custard
- some raspberries (to garnish)
- white chocolate (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the base of 1 18 cm springform clip cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Blitz 150 g of dark chocolate-coated digestive biscuits in a food processor for 1 minute.
- Melt 40 g of unsalted butter in a pan and add the biscuits, stirring to coat in the butter, then pour the mixture into the base of the tin, pressing down with the back of the spoon.
- Melt 250 g dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Very lightly whip 280 ml whipping cream and put to one side.
- Stir 150ml of ready made custard into the melted chocolate with a large metal spoon, then carefully fold in the whipped cream.
- Do not over mix!
- Spoon the mixture on to the biscuit base and level at the top.
- For best results, prepare 1 hour ahead and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes before serving.
- Decorate with white chocolate shavings and a few raspberries if desired.