Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from the Savory Sweet Life
Make and share this The Perfect Buttermilk Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Blend the buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a blender at a medium – low speed until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Continue to blend until the batter is thick and smooth.
- Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the batter is as thick as honey or cake mix batter
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and coat it with non-stick spray.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the pancake batter onto the pan. Watch for the pancake to form bubbles on the surface and the griddle side of the pancake golden.
- Gently but quickly flip the pancake over and cook for 30 seconds or until golden.
- Spray non-stick spray between cooking new pancakes.
- Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.
- If you don’t have a blender, all the ingredients can be whisked in a bowl until the batter is smooth.
Great Pancakes. Just the way I remember growing up from Mom's kitchen.
These Buttermilk Pancakes came out "Perfect". The only small changes that I made was that, where I live (the Philippines), they don't sell buttermilk here. So, what I did, was I substituted it, by using 2 tablespoon of white vinegar to 2 cups of milk. And the of changed that I made was instead of adding 4 tablespoon of milk like the recipe calls for, I added 5 tablespoon to the already made batter. These Buttermilk Pancakes is being made every Sunday morning, along with Maple Syrup Sausages, and Scramble Eggs.
Excellent pancakes. Light and fluffy with good flavor. We enjoyed these very much. I really liked the blender method!