Recipe by Air Force Mama
This is a staple in my house on the weekends. Its a hit with my kids and guests that come over. It can easily be double or tripled. They freeze very well so no batter goes to waste. Warm in microwave and they taste like they were just made. You can even dress it with whipped cream and/or fruit of your choice.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Continue to blend until the batter is thick and smooth.
- Optional: For thinner pancakes - add buttermilk to it out to the consistency you like. For thicker pancakes - add a little more flour to desired thicknessHeat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and coat it with non-stick spray.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the pancake batter onto the pan. Watch for the pancake to form bubbles on the surface and the griddle side of the pancake golden.
- Gently but quickly flip the pancake over and cook for 30 seconds or until golden.
- Spray non-stick spray between cooking new pancakes.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.