Recipe by kittyroara
Mouth-watering and friends and family approved! Simple, common ingredients and prep make for the best bbq-ed or stove-cooked beef patties anyone I know has ever tasted!
- 2 lbs ground beef, preferably lean
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats (more if the mixture seems soggy or won't hold together)
- 2 eggs
- 6 -8 large buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except the buns) in large bowl. Mix thoroughly with hands. Be sure to wear disposable latex gloves or well-cleaned rubber gloves while mixing to protect against e.coli and other bacteria, and to prevent cross-contamination with the rest of your meal!
- Stove-top: Form mixture into 8 patties. Fry at medium-high heat, turning regularly, until juices are no longer bloody (a few minutes per side, more depending on the thickness of your patties.)
- BBQ: form mixture into 6 patties. Grill at medium heat for a few minutes on each side, or until patties are firm and no longer pink throughout.
- Add a burger to each bun, garnish as you like, and enjoy!