1/6 Photos of The Perfect Burger
Here are the ingredients & the instructions to make the perfect burger! Although it may not be the healthiest, use medium ground beef for moistness & flavour. The leaner varieties produce burgers that are drier with a denser, tighter texture. Don't use previously frozen meat as juices are lost during defrosting. If making ahead, cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate for no more than a day. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mustard (regular or Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb medium ground beef
FLAVOUR PERK STIR-INS
- 1 tablespoon creamy caesar salad dressing or 1 tablespoon Greek salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind or 1 tablespoon lime rind
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon ketchup or 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce or 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 fresh jalapenos or 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1Lightly oil grill& heat BBQ to medium.
- 2Whisk egg in a bowl& add next 6 ingredients.
- 3Add any of the stir-ins that appeal to you.
- 4Crumble in beef& using your hands or a fork, gently mix together.
- 5Handle the meat as little as possible the more you work it, the tougher it gets.
- 6Gently shape (dont firmly press) mixture into burgers about ¾ inch thick.
- 7Using your thumb, make a shallow depression in the centre of each burger to prevent puffing up during cooking.
- 8Place burgers on the grill, close lid& BBQ until NO LONGER PINK INSIDE, turning once, about 6 8 minutes per side.
- 9An instant read thermometer should read 160F.
- 10Don't abuse your burgers by pressing with a spatula, pricking with a fork or turning frequently as precious juices will be lost!
- 11Tuck into a warm crusty bun& add your favourite toppings.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect Burger
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.4
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 126.6 mg
- Sodium 575.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: