1/4 Photos of The Perfect Baked Potato
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Simple to make and perfect for cold winter nights. Be sure to get nice big ones of even size so they all cook at the same time. You can serve on their own as a snack, or with a nice salad. You can even just add cheese or serve with steak or chicken -the choice is yours!
My Private Note
- 1Pre- heat the oven to 200c/Gas6.
- 2Be sure to get nice big potaoes and leave them in their skins.
- 3Wash the potaoes and then dry them.
- 4Now rub the skins with olive oil and sprinkle with a little crushed sea salt.
- 5Prick the skin of the potaotes here and there with a fork a few times.
- 6Bake on the bars of a pre-heated oven for at least an hour or even 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 7The time will of course depend on the size of your potatoes and the variety.
- 8The potato is done when you can easily insert a knife into it and it. And the skin should be nice and crisp. There is nothing worse than a baked potato that's not cooked through so make sure it is.
- 9Cut a big cross on each potato and add a big dollop of butter and some salt. You don't have to add salt but it just won't taste the same.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect Baked Potato
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g