Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the taste of peanut butter and bacon together, and here's a great way to have it on a hamburger! I found these once in a restaurant, and have made them at home ever since.
- 6 slice bacon, long strips cut in half
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml dried onion flakes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Tabasco sauce (optional) or cayenne, to taste (optional)
- 59.14 ml chunky peanut butter
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, squished through a garlic press
- 44.37 ml chicken broth (or more, to desired thickness)
- Cut the bacon strips in half so you have 12 pieces, each one approximately 4 inches long; fry the bacon well, keeping the strips as straight as you can (a bacon weight works well for that), then set aside.
- Drain the pan of fat but don't wipe out the pan; turn the heat off- you'll come back to this pan later.
- In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, Worcestershire, dried onion, salt, garlic powder, and pepper (and Tabasco/cayenne, if using).
- In a separate bowl mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, squished garlic, and chicken broth- this is your grilling sauce; if it's too thick still, add broth until it's a consistency you like (I like it thicker).
- Form the beef mixture into six patties.
- Reheat your pan and cook them as you would regular burgers, but brush them on both sides occasionally with the marinade.
- You can add more chicken broth if you want the grilling sauce to go further, or a bit melted butter.
- Now for you low carbers, remember, peanuts are not low-carb, so go easy with the grilling sauce; it'll still taste wonderful if you don't use all of it up on the burgers!
- Low-carb serving: top it with the bacon, either in strips or crumbled, and enjoy; you can add lettuce and tomato if you like, but I love it just the way it is.
- High-carb serving: eat it on a bun with lettuce and tomato and cheese.
This sounded so weird yet good that I had to try it!!! It was really good and is now going to be a staple at my summer BBQ's. Thanx!!!
This was terrific even made with turkey bacon and ground turkey. Great surprise for your fellow diners.
I have been eating peanut butter, bacon and toast since I was a child so I'm anxious to try the combo in burger form - it sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.