I love the taste of peanut butter and bacon together, and here's a great way to have it on a hamburger! I found these once in a restaurant, and have made them at home ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon, long strips cut in half
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tabasco sauce (optional) or cayenne, to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, squished through a garlic press
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth (or more, to desired thickness)
- 1Cut the bacon strips in half so you have 12 pieces, each one approximately 4 inches long; fry the bacon well, keeping the strips as straight as you can (a bacon weight works well for that), then set aside.
- 2Drain the pan of fat but don't wipe out the pan; turn the heat off- you'll come back to this pan later.
- 3In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, Worcestershire, dried onion, salt, garlic powder, and pepper (and Tabasco/cayenne, if using).
- 4In a separate bowl mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, squished garlic, and chicken broth- this is your grilling sauce; if it's too thick still, add broth until it's a consistency you like (I like it thicker).
- 5Form the beef mixture into six patties.
- 6Reheat your pan and cook them as you would regular burgers, but brush them on both sides occasionally with the marinade.
- 7You can add more chicken broth if you want the grilling sauce to go further, or a bit melted butter.
- 8Now for you low carbers, remember, peanuts are not low-carb, so go easy with the grilling sauce; it'll still taste wonderful if you don't use all of it up on the burgers!
- 9Low-carb serving: top it with the bacon, either in strips or crumbled, and enjoy; you can add lettuce and tomato if you like, but I love it just the way it is.
- 10High-carb serving: eat it on a bun with lettuce and tomato and cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Peanut Bacon Burger
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.9
- Calories from Fat 517
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 177.3 mg
- Sodium 1032.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 50.6 g