Recipe by The Parker
This is everyone's favorite side dish. It turns normally composed people into beggars. WARNING: You need to work fast so the potatoes don't turn brown. It's helpful to have another set of hands for this one.
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and cut in 1/2 inch pieces (about 1/2 a package)
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 (5 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x9 inch pan and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and evaporated milk.
- Peel and grate potatoes and onion and place in large bowl quickly.
- Mix the remainder of the ingredients, except butter and sour cream and place in greased pan.
- Cook 30 minutes, uncovered. Cook 40 minutes more, brushing the top with butter every 10 minutes.
- Cover to keep warm until serving. Serve with sour cream.