Recipe by The Parker
These are the burgers that make everyone wonder: What is in there that tastes so good?!? And I've got a secret- you have everything in your kitchen right now! These truly have a certain je ne sais quois! Oui, Oui! Try them for yourself and find out!
Top Review by Catnip46
A nice tasting burger. I've gotten lazy over the years by buying the frozen patties so this was a real treat by eating a "real hamburger" for a change. I use to work years ago in a bar & grill. If the owner ever caught me squishing a hamburger while I was grilling it she would have fired me for sure. The secret to a juicy hamburger is never to "squish" it while grilling or frying no matter how tempting it is. This goes for frozen patties too.
- 1 lb ground New York strip steaks or 1 lb ground sirloin
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, cut thick
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 gourmet hamburger buns (or whatever you have)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix egg, salt and pepper, worestershire sauce, heavy cream, and bread crumbs together and add meat. Don't over mix, but incorporate everything together.
- Try to divide it in the bowl into 4-6 equal parts.
- On small pieces of wax paper, start forming the meat patties, while adding a little pad of butter in the middle and form the patty around it.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, so the patties bind together.
- Cook about 6 minutes per side, depending on the heat of your grill or grill pan. DO NOT PUSH DOWN ON THE PATTY. I know its tempting.
- Melt cheddar slices on the last 45 seconds of cooking.
- Let rest 2 minutes and serve hot on toasted buns with traditional accompaniments, including caramelized or grilled onions.