Recipe by The Parker
This recipe has been adapted by me from spending many years in the family recipe vault. Yes, I stole it from the family vault. It's everyone's favorite: kids, adults, wandering animals- and it's easy to see why by looking at the ingredient list! Add hotdogs to leftover baked beans the next day! Recipe can easily be made on a larger scale for grill-outs.
- 1 (28 ounce) canbush's baked beans, any kind
- 1⁄4 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less, to your liking)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, saute onions, 4 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients, cook 6 minutes.
- Bake for 45 minutes, covered. Cook for another 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from oven and keep covered until serving.