Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you're not big into buying a bottle of white wine to use a 1/2 cup for sauce, but enjoy a great Lemon Beurre Blanc, this is for you. I've used this for Chicken Paillard, on top of Seabass, and 'The Parker's Shrimp Alexander".
- 1⁄4 shallot, chopped (or red onions if shallots aren't available)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup heavy cream (whatever you have) or 1 cup whole milk (whatever you have) or 1 cup half-and-half (whatever you have)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Saute shallots and garlic in medium saute pan, 30 seconds.
- Add cream and simmer to reduce by half, about 8 minutes, or until the sauce coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Take of heat and add butter, one tablespoon at a time. If it needs a little more heat to melt, just give it a couple seconds of low heat.
- IMPORTANT: After you add the butter, if the sauce simmers or boils, it will be broken and curdled beyond repair. Always make sure to add the butter last and off the heat source.