Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am asked to make this more often than I'd like. It's so simple and bland, yet so surprisingly different and refreshing. If something has a bit of spicy heat to it, this is a way to balance the meal.
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup long-grain rice (but whatever you have is fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (whatever you have on hand) or 1⁄4 cup basil (whatever you have on hand) or 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (whatever you have on hand)
- Bring coconut milk and water to a boil with rice. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes, stirring only 2 or 3 times until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Keep covered until ready to serve and stir in the herb you have chosen.