A one-pot meal. The capers make the dish. Don't leave them out!
Make and share this The Pampered Chef's Chicken Piccata Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon pepper, rub
- 3 (14 ounce) cans33% reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 lemon
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened (I use 4 ounces,must be very soft)
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup cups capers, drained and rinsed
- chopped fresh parsley
- grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken into 1-in. pieces. Combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of the oil and rub in a large bowl; toss to coat. Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 1–3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken to hot skillet; cook and stir 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Meanwhile, pour broth into bowl, cover and microwave HIGH 8–10 minutes or until broth comes to a boil. On clean cutting board, chop onion. Add onion to skillet; cook 10–20 seconds or until onion is and fragrant. Carefully add broth and pasta to Skillet; cook, uncovered, 7–8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Zest lemon to measure 1 tablespoon. Juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons. Add zest, juice and cream cheese to skillet; stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated. Add chicken and artichokes to skillet. Cook, covered, 1–2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in capers. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cook's Tip: To substitute Lemon Pepper Rub, in Step 1, toss chicken with 1 teaspoon each salt and coarsely ground black pepper. In Step 2, add 2 pressed garlic cloves to onion; cook as directed. In Step 3, increase lemon juice to 3 tablespoon.