1/1 Photo of The Pampered Chef's Chicken Piccata Pasta
A one-pot meal. The capers make the dish. Don't leave them out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper, rub
- 3 (14 ounce) cans 33% reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 lemon
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened (I use 4 ounces,must be very soft)
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1/4 cup cups capers, drained and rinsed
- chopped fresh parsley
- grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1Cut chicken into 1-in. pieces. Combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of the oil and rub in a large bowl; toss to coat. Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 1–3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken to hot skillet; cook and stir 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, pour broth into bowl, cover and microwave HIGH 8–10 minutes or until broth comes to a boil. On clean cutting board, chop onion. Add onion to skillet; cook 10–20 seconds or until onion is and fragrant. Carefully add broth and pasta to Skillet; cook, uncovered, 7–8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Zest lemon to measure 1 tablespoon. Juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons. Add zest, juice and cream cheese to skillet; stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated. Add chicken and artichokes to skillet. Cook, covered, 1–2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in capers. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 4Cook's Tip: To substitute Lemon Pepper Rub, in Step 1, toss chicken with 1 teaspoon each salt and coarsely ground black pepper. In Step 2, add 2 pressed garlic cloves to onion; cook as directed. In Step 3, increase lemon juice to 3 tablespoon.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Pampered Chef's Chicken Piccata Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.9
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 375.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: