Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 ounces danish blue cheese or 4 ounces french blue cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Crumble the blue cheese into a bowl and, using a fork, whisk in the olive oil.
- Let stand for about 40 minutes.
- Whisk in the mayonnaise and vinegar. Whisk again just before serving.
Fantastic! True Blue Cheese Dressing amongst a lot of them that should really be called Only a Hint of Blue Cheese Dressing.
My daughter and I are allergic to most of the commercial dressings. She is allergic to soy and I am slightly allergic to olive oil. I used Newman's Own EVOO to make this and am pleased to say "Wonderful!". I used a handheld blender to blend the ingredients almost smooth. After refrigerating for 24 hours this dressing has a full, rich flavor but it is not a heavy dressing. Next time I will try this with grapeseed oil and report back. Thanks for sharing.
Excellent. Great variation on the usual blue cheese dressing. Thanks for sharing.