Recipe by Mad Maryno
Minimal preparation, awesome in sandwiches, It's another version of my comfort tofu loaf. I ground the tofu and onion using my meat grinder attachment on my standmixer... but thats because I don't have a food processor at the moment. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy. Oh and green beans if you are not a vegan Paula Deen.
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1 medium sized onion, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (plus more for glaze on top)
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon poultry mixed spice
- 1 (40 g) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 8 inches loaf pan.
- Process the tofu until its mushy. Add the onion, garlic, process until even more mushy.
- Add the rest of the ingredient and process until kinda smooth.
- Put in the loaf pan, glaze with ketchup.
- Bake for one hour.
- Before slicing, let rest for at least 10 minutes.