1/2 Photos of The Other "shrimp Cocktail"
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe has been my all-time favorite since I can remember my mom making it. It comes from Mexico, its origina,l has great flavor that is incomparable, and it give u great energy boost, is low in fat and delicious. Hope u guys like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs shrimp, preferly the medium ones
- 2 bottles Clamato juice, cocktail or 2 bottles V8 vegetable juice
- 2 cucumbers, cut and dice into 1 inch squares
- 1 1/2 large hot house tomatoes, cut and diced into 1 inch squares
- 2 avocados, cut and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 bunch celery, cut and diced into 1 inch squares
- 1/2 white onion, cut and diced into small tidbits
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, cut and diced (including stems)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 5 lemons
- 5 limes
- 1 bottle of tapatio hot sauce (to add as you like some spiciness) (optional)
- 1 box saltine crackers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (more or less according to personal taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1First, cook shrimp or seafood, then rinse and refrigerate until nice and cool.
- 2Then dice all of your veggies (make sure they are nice and cold too). Mix all the veggies together in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper at that time and chile sauce. Cut 2 1/2 of the lemons and limes, add to mixture. Add once all veggies and seasonings are all mixed. Add the shimp and mix and then add the clamato juice cocktail, then cool for an hour.
- 3Serve in a big ice cream sundae glass or something similar
- 4Pour mixture into glasses and sprinkle a little bit of cilantro in it and add a lemon or lime wedge for decoration.
- 5Cut the rest of the lemons and limes into wedges. Put in nice plate in center and crackers as well and enjoy!
- 6This is delicious guys is a must try if you like seafood and are tired of the same old nasty cocktail sauce and shrimp that is bland. This is a real kicker.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Other "shrimp Cocktail"
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.5
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 1610.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: