Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been my all-time favorite since I can remember my mom making it. It comes from Mexico, its origina,l has great flavor that is incomparable, and it give u great energy boost, is low in fat and delicious. Hope u guys like it.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, preferly the medium ones
- 2 bottles Clamato juice, cocktail or 2 bottles V8 vegetable juice
- 2 cucumbers, cut and dice into 1 inch squares
- 1 1⁄2 large hot house tomatoes, cut and diced into 1 inch squares
- 2 avocados, cut and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 bunch celery, cut and diced into 1 inch squares
- 1⁄2 white onion, cut and diced into small tidbits
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, cut and diced (including stems)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 5 lemons
- 5 limes
- 1 bottle of tapatio hot sauce (to add as you like some spiciness) (optional)
- 1 box saltine crackers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (more or less according to personal taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- First, cook shrimp or seafood, then rinse and refrigerate until nice and cool.
- Then dice all of your veggies (make sure they are nice and cold too). Mix all the veggies together in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper at that time and chile sauce. Cut 2 1/2 of the lemons and limes, add to mixture. Add once all veggies and seasonings are all mixed. Add the shimp and mix and then add the clamato juice cocktail, then cool for an hour.
- Serve in a big ice cream sundae glass or something similar
- Pour mixture into glasses and sprinkle a little bit of cilantro in it and add a lemon or lime wedge for decoration.
- Cut the rest of the lemons and limes into wedges. Put in nice plate in center and crackers as well and enjoy!
- This is delicious guys is a must try if you like seafood and are tired of the same old nasty cocktail sauce and shrimp that is bland. This is a real kicker.
Sure enough - just like on the beach in Mexico! Excellent.
We must have the same mother!!! I love this style of shrimp cocktail. I make it the same way and can't get enough!! muy sabroso!!
I made this for a mid winter dinner party. It was a big hit. I did chop the veggied into a smaller dice than stated in the recips. I have to agree with one other reviewer that the recipe is a bit vague in spots and leaves one guessing a bit too much so I can't give it 5 stars. But this is a keeper. Thanks to Mariela ( and her mom...) I will be making this again.