Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sick and tired of the same old Ramen noodle chicken salad? This one is very different - it contains fruit and no cabbage. This does not keep long, so plan to eat this the same day. Adapted from Best of the Best from Colorado.
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles (save the seasoning packet and the oil packet, if included)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame oil, if needed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (brown sugar Splenda is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes, cut into halves (either red or green or mixture)
- 1⁄4 cup red apples or 1⁄4 cup green apple, unpeeled, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, poached and diced
- 1⁄8 cup walnuts, chopped (or other nut of your choice)
- Cook noodles without adding the seasonings or oil that come with the package (reserve those), otherwise following the package directions.
- Rinse cooked noodles with cold water until cold and drain well.
- Add the oil from the noodle package (or drizzle with 1-2 tsp sesame oil if your doesn't come with oil).
- Be careful- sometimes the oil that comes with the ramen is hot chili oil; if so use sesame oil instead.
- Chill noodles while preparing the dressing.
- Mix together lemon juice, canola oil, the dry seasoning packet from the Ramen soup, and the sugar.
- Mix together the chilled noodles, fruit, chives, and chicken.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Stir in nuts or just sprinkle over each serving.
i made this as directed except i substituted shrimp ramen noodles and cooked shrimp for the chicken. i loved the combo of the noodles, fruit, nuts and shrimp. however i found the dressing to be very salty, which is a problem i find in all the seasoning packets with all flavors of ramen noodles. i only used half a packet because of this, but next time i will eliminate it totally and just use a dash of soy sauce instead. i'm attempting to post a photo.