1/3 Photos of The Other Ramen Noodle Chicken Salad
Sick and tired of the same old Ramen noodle chicken salad? This one is very different - it contains fruit and no cabbage. This does not keep long, so plan to eat this the same day. Adapted from Best of the Best from Colorado.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles (save the seasoning packet and the oil packet, if included)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame oil, if needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (brown sugar Splenda is fine)
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, cut into halves (either red or green or mixture)
- 1/4 cup red apples or 1/4 cup green apple, unpeeled, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped or 1 1/2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, poached and diced
- 1/8 cup walnuts, chopped (or other nut of your choice)
- 1Cook noodles without adding the seasonings or oil that come with the package (reserve those), otherwise following the package directions.
- 2Rinse cooked noodles with cold water until cold and drain well.
- 3Add the oil from the noodle package (or drizzle with 1-2 tsp sesame oil if your doesn't come with oil).
- 4Be careful- sometimes the oil that comes with the ramen is hot chili oil; if so use sesame oil instead.
- 5Chill noodles while preparing the dressing.
- 6Mix together lemon juice, canola oil, the dry seasoning packet from the Ramen soup, and the sugar.
- 7Mix together the chilled noodles, fruit, chives, and chicken.
- 8Add dressing and toss to coat.
- 9Stir in nuts or just sprinkle over each serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Other Ramen Noodle Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.9
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 532.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 18.6 g