Recipe by HEP MEP
This is an easier Pasta Primavera that I'd make instead of The "Perfect" Pasta Primavera. Got it out of an old Contadina cookbooklet dated 1986. Easy, and good for you!
- 1⁄2 lb raw spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup sliced yellow squash
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (or as much as you like!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to label dirctions.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, saute carrots, onion, and garlic in olive oil in a 10-inch skillet until tender but not browned.
- Stir in broccoli, green pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, and yellow squash.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Heating to boiling.
- Reduce heat; boil gently until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas,basil, and oregano.
- Serve sauce over hot cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.