1/1 Photo of The Ospidillo Cafe Italian Salad Dressing
1 hr 20 mins
Bone Man's Note:
I always offer two dressings on the table here at The Ospidillo Cafe; The Stone Pipe Inn Salad The Stone Pipe Inn Salad and this one. When I place salads on the table, my guests typically query, "Where's that good salad dressing that you make?" I just point to the two carafes and about half take one and half take the other; they taste nothing alike.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water (prefer spring water)
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian spices (see directions)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1Blend all ingredients in a mixer for 20 minutes. (I use a KitchenAid mixer on speed setting number 2).
- 2Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 3When dressing gets too cold it will solidify somewhat, due to the olive oil, so allow it to set out 1/2 hour or so if this happens.
- 4Also, I prefer to use Tupelo honey when I have it available which is much higher quality in flavor than regular clover honey.
- 5For the Italian spices, I use 2 teaspoons of Dee514's Italian Blend Spice Mix Italian Blend Spice Mix. Here it is:
- 62 tablespoons basil, 2 tablespoons marjoram, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1 tablespoon thyme, 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ospidillo Cafe Italian Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (776 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1198.4
- Calories from Fat 1166
- Total Fat 129.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 945.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar