Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Almost a gourmet side dish -- but so simple and easy to prepare! I especially like Brussels sprouts to complement stuffed pork chops but they'll go nicely with about any main dish, up to and including lasagna. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces chicken broth (or water)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- Clean the the Brussels sprouts under cool, running water, nipping off the bottoms closely with a paring knife, peeling off any outside curling leaves and then, cut them in half.
- In a large no-stick skillet, melt the butter, add in the lemon juice, pour in the chicken stock (or water), and pepper lightly with the ground white pepper. The seasoned salt or Mrs. Dash, if using either, can be added at this time.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and allow the Brussels sprouts to sautee for about 20-25 minutes until tender, stirring once.
- Serve hot.
These were delicious. I did use only half the butter in an effort to be a little healthier and somewhat less salt as the chicken broth I used was already salty enough. Loved the flavors imparted by the broth as it reduced.