Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I combined three different recipes and came up with what I like to call the "ZAAR" Dog. :).The recipes I used were, half of Buttery Bread Machine Rolls shaped into hotdog buns,Awesome Hot Dog Chili Sauce,and Velveeta Cheese Sauce in the Microwave.I want to thank the posters of the previous recipes,jean,busy mom, and BecR.Cook time is an estimate, since you choose the way you cook your dogs.Now you could use regular buns,chili dog sauce,and cheese sauce,but then it wouldn't be a "ZAAR" dog would it ? ;)
- 4 hot dogs (cooked any way you like )
- 4 hot dog buns, split (I used Buttery Bread Machine Rolls Half of this will make 8 buns )
- 1⁄2 cup chili, dog sauce divided (I used Awesome Hot Dog Chili Sauce )
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese sauce (I used Velveeta Cheese Sauce in the Microwave )
- Place a hot dog into each bun.
- Top each with 1/8 cup of chili sauce.
- If desired top each dog with 2 Tablespoons chopped onion.
- Then top each dog with 1/8 cup of cheese sauce.
- And now you have The "Original "ZAAR" Dog :).
This is an original allright. What a recipe you've put together here Shapeweaver. The only thing I didn't do was make the home-made hotdog buns. I had full intentions on tagging this recipe of doing so. Time did not permit as I decided last minute to whip these up for DH and DS's. for supper. I will say I think the hamburg should be cooked and drained of all grease b/f adding the rest of the ingredients. Mine was way too soupy and I ended up having to drain quite a bit of liquid. Then I had to add more ketchup and seasonings again as I felt the draining took some away. The cheese sauce was easy/peasy...I love that!! What a great idea for hot-dog buns too and one I will definitely be giving a go. Made for I Recommend~
Love hot dogs like this -- though I didn't make everything from scratch -- used storebought buns, a can of hot dog chili sauce, and cheese whiz. SO YUMMY