Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A warm spicy cheese, bean and beef mixture that is best served in a mini-crock pot to keep it warm. Served with tortilla chips.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese or 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese or 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese or 1 lb Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans or 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning mix
- 5 -6 jalapeno peppers, with
- 2 -3 tablespoons jalapeno juice, from jar
- Brown ground beef, and then add taco seasoning and water following instructions on the Taco Seasoning packet.
- Mince jalapeño peppers with some of juice from jar in blender or food processor and set aside.
- While ground beef is browning, put cream cheese and Velveeta in a 3 quart or larger microwave safe container and microwave on 70% power for 5 minutes. At this point the cheeses may not be melted entirely, but this is OK.
- After 5 minutes, add the refried beans and minced jalapeño peppers to the cheese mixture. Stir cheese, beans and peppers to combine and return to the microwave for an additional 3 to 5 minutes at 70% power.
- After the cheese/bean/pepper mixture is completely melted, add the prepared taco meat. Fold in meat and stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- Note: 5 to 6 peppers gives dip a nice bite, but you can adjust to your taste. Just remember that this recipe makes a lot of dip, but trust me you will need every bit of it. Leftovers (if any) can be frozen for later consumption.
This is a great dip! I used spicy refried beans, a spicy taco seasoning and 2 T of canned, diced jalapenos. I let it sit in the fridge overnight, warmed it up the next day and served it with tortilla strips. We loved it! Thanks for sharing, OMC. **Made for Spring PAC 2008**