Old Man Cooking's Note:
A warm spicy cheese, bean and beef mixture that is best served in a mini-crock pot to keep it warm. Served with tortilla chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese or 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese or 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese or 1 lb Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans or 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning mix
- 5 -6 jalapeno peppers, with
- 2 -3 tablespoons jalapeno juice, from jar
- 1Brown ground beef, and then add taco seasoning and water following instructions on the Taco Seasoning packet.
- 2Mince jalapeño peppers with some of juice from jar in blender or food processor and set aside.
- 3While ground beef is browning, put cream cheese and Velveeta in a 3 quart or larger microwave safe container and microwave on 70% power for 5 minutes. At this point the cheeses may not be melted entirely, but this is OK.
- 4After 5 minutes, add the refried beans and minced jalapeño peppers to the cheese mixture. Stir cheese, beans and peppers to combine and return to the microwave for an additional 3 to 5 minutes at 70% power.
- 5After the cheese/bean/pepper mixture is completely melted, add the prepared taco meat. Fold in meat and stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- 6Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- 7Note: 5 to 6 peppers gives dip a nice bite, but you can adjust to your taste. Just remember that this recipe makes a lot of dip, but trust me you will need every bit of it. Leftovers (if any) can be frozen for later consumption.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Original Taco Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1445.5
- Calories from Fat 991
- Total Fat 110.1 g
- Saturated Fat 64.2 g
- Cholesterol 399.9 mg
- Sodium 3209.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 71.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix