1/8 Photos of The Original Rice Krispies Treats Squares
This is the recipe for the original rice krispies treats squares...It never fails! Plus, it is a great way to use up a box of cereal! For best results, use fresh marshmallows. I have replaced the butter once with Mott's Healthy Baking butter or oil substitute (it was basically an unsweetened apple sauce) and they still turned out great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- 2Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4(It would be perfect to be measuring out all of the cereal at this time, having it ready in a large bowl.).
- 5Working quickly, add rice krispies cereal, and stir until the cereal is well coated.
- 6Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press the mixture evenly into a greased 13 by 9 by 2 inch pan (or whatever pan you have on hand).
- 7When the treats are cooled, cut into squares.
- 8Serve, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Original Rice Krispies Treats Squares
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 92.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g