Recipe by kcastineyra
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Inspired by my four-year-old son, this practical everyday meal is sure to be a hit with the kids! The porkey patty makes the best winter burger for all those hamburglars in the family. Simple and easy to make with a rewarding flavor from the Hidden Valley's Original Ranch signature taste.
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs, divided
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 slices provolone cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, 1 egg, milk, shallots, half of the bread crumbs and half of the seasoning packet (about 1 T.).
- Form six porkey patties and place onto a large lightly greased nonstick skillet. Singe on medium to high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Turn off heat and let patties cool.
- Meanwhile in a shallow bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients to make the breadcrumb mixture, and in another bowl beat the remaining egg.
- Completely coat the cooled patties in the egg then in the breadcrumb mixture and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake the patties at 425 for 15 minutes, or until center is no longer pink. Top the porkey patties with provolone cheese the last 2 minutes of baking.
- I recommend serving on a whole wheat hamburger bun with mayo, lettuce, and sliced tomato. Enjoy!