Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on the back of a Hellmanns Mayonnaise jar. The only thing I changed was I added dill pickle to the recipe. This recipe is easy, quick and always a hit at parties.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks (5 to 6 medium)
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
- 2 -3 dill pickles, choped
- Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl.
- Add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Very tasty! I omitted the pickles as that was something my mom used to add in for dad all the time when I was young and I did not like it then. Plus my kids are not fans of pickles either and I wanted them to eat it. We normally use Miracle Whip on our potato salad so this was a nice change of pace. Thanks for sharing!