1/4 Photos of The Original Pancake House Apple Pancake
1 hr 10 mins
Found this online while searching for TOPH recipes. Fabulous recipe from The Original Pancake House! The Apple Pancake contains eggs, flour, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, butter and lots of apples. It takes about 30 minutes to bake in an iron skillet and is served all puffed up and steaming hot. The Apple Pancake really isn’t much like a pancake at all. It’s more a like a soufflé or really, really moist bread pudding. The only way to truly appreciate it is to try one yourself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, add flour, milk, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- 2In another bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and remaining cinnamon.
- 3Add butter to a 10 inch Pyrex pie deep dish and put in the oven (deep dish Pyrex is great) At 400 degrees.
- 4When the butter is completely melted remove from oven.
- 5Pour the batter into the Pyrex dish and put back in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The edges will begin to puff.
- 6Remove the half-way cooked batter from the oven and now add the apple mixture to it.
- 7Just simply place the apples all over the top of the batter.
- 8Next, cover the entire service with the brown sugar/sugar/cinnamon blend and put it back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Original Pancake House Apple Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.7
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 232.7 mg
- Sodium 237.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 61.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g