Recipe by Shannon C.
I never thought that these cookies will be a hit with my friends and family, but this was a mistake made good when I ran out of one ingredient...and find an alternate...crushed peppermint! Originally called "The Cookie" it was changed to Metronome Mint Cookies, because like the Pokemon move "Metronome" it is random ingredients to make a wonderful destructively sweet cookie. This is the original recipe from almost 11 years ago! There are duplicates, but this is the original!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crushed peppermint candy cane
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons peppermint extract (optional)
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a medium size bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.
- Then cream softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, crushed peppermint, and Vanilla extract in a large bowl --
- Beat eggs into large bowl until creamy.
- Gradually add dry ingredients until all of the ingredients are mixed together.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Chips, and Peanut Butter Chips into mixture well.
- Drop rounded teaspoons on a ungreased cookie sheet or place cookies on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes Cool for 3 mins, then place on wire rack to cool completely.