Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Clipped from the coupon section, the Chex Party Mix has a few more ingredients than the traditional Chex Mix.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup pretzel
- 1 cup bite-size garlic bagel chips or 1 cup regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt butter in large roasting pan in oven. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
I was able to make a gluten-free version of this thanks to General Mills making minor changes to some of their Chex cereals to make them gluten-free! I made my own bagel chips using my recipe for bagel chips on this site and I bought gf pretzels. Thank you for posting this recipe.
This is the flavor I remember. Much easier to microwave for 6 minutes, stirring after each 2 minutes.
In response to GennyP: General Mills did nothing to "tweak" their recipes to make their cereals gluten free except add the words "Gluten Free" to the label. Corn and rice Chex have always been gluten free. Made with corn...and rice. Everyone is cashing in on the "gluten free" craze. Adding a label and charging more. Take it from someone who has had to be on a gluten free diet for 41 years..just read the ingredients label.