Recipe by Spyder-man
I got this out of the National Enquirer in 1995-1996 when the soup diet originally came out. I don't remember the rules of the diet other than you could eat as much of this as you wanted.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
So we did the actual week long diet. . .thanks for the inspiration! We followed it to a "T" and I lost 3 lbs and my hubby lost 6.5 lbs. It was actually an enjoyable diet as I like this soup and because each day they switch it up a bit with veggies or fruit or meat.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 6 onions, sliced or chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1 bunch shallots or 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 35.43 g envelope onion soup
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1360.77 g V8 vegetable juice
- 2 (1587.57 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed