I got this out of the National Enquirer in 1995-1996 when the soup diet originally came out. I don't remember the rules of the diet other than you could eat as much of this as you wanted.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 6 onions, sliced or chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1 bunch shallots or 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 48 ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 2 (28 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- Place all in large stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate all leftovers.