Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
My mother's been making this meatloaf forever an it tastes delicious!! The combination of the worcestershire sauce, ketchup and garlic are so flavorful that you'll be making this every week!!! Add more or less salt and pepper to your liking!! But don't leave out the GARLIC!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef (you can substitute ground turkey here and it still tastes amazing and is much mower in fat!!)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (I use the italian style kind)
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat your oven to 350.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, cooking 5 minutes and stirring occasionally.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add meat, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, the worcestershire, salt, and pepper to onion mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pack into an 8x4 loaf pan or just shape beef into an oval and place in a regular baking pan.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup ketchup over top.
- Bake 50-55 minutes
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and ENJOY!
The taste was awesome, everyone loved it but next time I think I will try 2 lbs of ground beef and more bread crumbs. Thanks for a great tasting meatloaf!
Sorry but we did not like this meat loaf at all, the flavor was odd, not to our liking. I followed the recipe to the letter, each ingredient as listed. Will not be making this again.
It has all the right ingredients to be really tasty. thanks.