Recipe by Cookinmomof3
My mother's been making this meatloaf forever an it tastes delicious!! The combination of the worcestershire sauce, ketchup and garlic are so flavorful that you'll be making this every week!!! Add more or less salt and pepper to your liking!! But don't leave out the GARLIC!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef (you can substitute ground turkey here and it still tastes amazing and is much mower in fat!!)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (I use the italian style kind)
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oven to 350.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, cooking 5 minutes and stirring occasionally.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add meat, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, the worcestershire, salt, and pepper to onion mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pack into an 8x4 loaf pan or just shape beef into an oval and place in a regular baking pan.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup ketchup over top.
- Bake 50-55 minutes
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and ENJOY!