Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This has been my family's potato salad recipe since way before I can remember. It is great for BBQ's, football parties, Thanksgiving, and for just eaten anytime of day (lol). Small warning though, this potato salad does container more mustard then the average potato salad, so it does have a very strong mustard taste. If you do not like mustard, I really don't recommend you try this recipe, or just reduce the amount of mustard called for to suit your taste. :)
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup hamburger dill pickle, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup spicy whole grain mustard or 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 4 long strips then cut into 1/2-inch cubelike pieces.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until just fork tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, stir together the rest of the ingredients, except the paprika, in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked potatoes and fold and tossed to combined evenly.
- Sprinkle with the paprika and serve.