It has taken several years and taking bits of pieces from here and there for me to make the perfect turkey, but It is so moist and has a wonderful flavor and always gets rave reviews. It's labot intensive but worth the effort in the end
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole turkey, Giblets removed
- 2 quarts unsweetned apple juice
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 ounces fresh gingerroot
- 15 whole cloves
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 medium oranges, cut into four
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1 lemon, cut into half
- 1 orange, cut in half
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, cut into 4
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 tablespoons dried herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Combine first seven ingriendients in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. add oranges then let cool.
- 2Put turkey in Brine and marinade 24- 48 hours.
- 3Pat dry with cloth.
- 4In the cavity, place 1 orange and lemon, Taraon, basil, garlic, onion.
- 5Cut small pockets all over the turkey just under the skin, stuff pockets with cream cheese.
- 6Mix butter, herbs and Chili flakes and rub over skin.
- 7Put in a roaster and roast, covered on 250 degrees 8- 12 hours.
- 8Remove stuffings before serving.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Only Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe You'll Ever Need
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 996.2
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 298.0 mg
- Sodium 8005.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 52.7 g
- Protein 71.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence