Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 min
I first tried this dip/salsa at a work picnic. It was so good I had to have the recipe. A real hit with parties and large gatherings. Serve with Tostitos scoop chips for a hearty taste! The secret is in the marinade. Not a difficult recipe but time consuming due to chopping of veggies.
- 4 (15 1/2 ounce) cans beans (any kind...black, red, white, chick, etc.)
- 1 (15 ounce) canbaby white corn (NO SUBSTITUTES)
- 1 cup onion, chopped (green or yellow(whatever you prefer or have on hand)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 6 -10 fresh jalapeno peppers, minced (to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- tortilla chips
- Mix marinade ingredients together and boil for five minutes; cool.
- Mix all veggies and beans together.
- pour the marinade over your beans and veggies.
- refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- Serve tortilla chips.
This recipe was really wonderful but it made SO MUCH!!! I will surely make this again the next time we have a party but I think I'll only make half next time! I used 5 jalepenos and thought it was on the verge of being too spicy for me; 6-10 would've been WAY over the top! Thanks for a great recipe!
This was wonderful. I took this to a weekend getaway with 3 other couples and my husband. Everyone raved about it. We are making it a regular recipe for our group. I did forget to add the celery and used about 3/4 cup of splenda instead of the sugar, but it was amazingly good. Thanks for a keeper.