Recipe by jbe467
I hated all forms of pot roast until my MIL made this for me and got me hooked.
Top Review by *Pixie*
This is a delicious and easy way to make a roast. I didn't have any Adolph's tenderizer, but the roast turned out nice and tender without it. The carrots and onions cooked in the gravy were very tasty. The gravy turned out more liquid than I like, so I thickened it with some cornstarch mixed in water. I think if I make this again I would probably use a tin of beef broth instead of the water.
- 1 roast (I prefer Chuck Roast)
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix (any flavor variety you prefer)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water
- baby carrots
- onion, quartered,any variety (I like to use Pearl Onions myself, since I am the only one who will actually eat an onion in my fami)
- 1 large potatoes or 3 -5 new potatoes
- extra wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- For Crockpot preparation (the ONLY way to fly!): Combine soups and water in crockpot and mix well.
- Season/score the roast with salt, pepper and Adolph's tenderizer.
- Throw it in the crockpot.
- Add to pot as much carrot, potato and onion you and yours will want to eat.
- *Note*This can all be done the night before if your fridge is large enough to hold your crockpot.
- Then in the morning, just take it out of the fridge and plug it in.
- Turn heat to low and cook 8-9 hours or until you get home from work (mines starts at 8 am and goes until 6 pm).
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions and serve drenched in the gravy!
- You can also make this in the oven, but it's just not the same!
- However, if you must do it that way: Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix soups and water in roasting or 9x13 pan, add everything else (except noodles!!) and cover with foil and cook for 3-4 hours.