Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe adapted from Steven Raichlen, the grillmaster. Use within 1-2 hours of making.
Make and share this The Only Marinade You'll Ever Need recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, to taste
- 4 slices lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil (or a mix of all four) or 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (or a mix of all four) or 1⁄4 cup fresh dill (or a mix of all four) or 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano (or a mix of all four)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the lemon juice, hot pepper flakes, cracked pepper, and salt in a nonreactive (glass, ceramic, or stainless steel) bowl and whisk until the salt crystals are dissolved.
- Add the lemon zest, garlic, parsley, and basil.
- Stir or whisk in the olive oil.
- The virtue of this marinade is its freshness; use it within 1 to 2 hours of making.
- Stir again before using.
We loved this marinade. A good all around marinade. Thanks for posting.
My marinade for smoked London Broil or Tri Tip. Marinade for 10-12 hours. Grill on low heat under cover, preferably with some apple wood smoke, and baste occasionally with marinade to keep lean meat from drying out. Yum!
We liked this recipe, but I used 4 garlic and used fresh basil and oegano. I cut down to 2 T on the olive oil, but that is just me. I would do this one again