Recipe by Sharon loves her kids
I wanted to share this recipe because after years of trial and error...I got it! my family loves these. They also freeze great for another meal. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Top Review by gear_i_am
Try steaming the cabbage. Cut out the core and place it hole down into the pot (cover). The steam will cook the cabbage but the nutrients are retained. Whether you boil or steam its sometimes easier to remove a portion of the leaves part way thru, put it back in and boil/steam some more. You can add garlic or/and onion powder for more flavor.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 lb uncooked ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, cut around core of cabbage (this will ease removing the leaves from the cabbage).
- Once the water has begun to boil carefully insert the cabbage; bring to a boil; the leaves will begin to loosen.
- Meanwhile, mix together ground beef, onion, cooked rice and 1/2 can of tomato soup.
- With a fork remove the loosened leaves from the cabbage.
- Fill the cabbage leaf with a large spoonful of meat mixture.
- One by one roll them and insert in a covered casserole dish.
- Pour remainder of soup over the cabbage rolls.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- But now you have leftover cabbage right, don't throw it away! See my recipe for"Yummy Cabbage Soup", (Recipe #113184).