1/1 Photo of The Only Blueberry Pie Recipe You'll Ever Need
The title explains it all--the mixture of cooked and uncooked berries cause a taste sensation in your mouth--the textures of the uncooked berries popping as you bite into them releases sheer pleasure. This pie has a custard layer and a fruit layer--it is decadent! This is my most requested recipe. Be sure and use WHOLE milk. It makes a difference. Also be sure and follow steps--NOTE: butter, cornstarch, berries, and sugar are added in increments--follow directions. prep and cooking time is mostly refrigeration time. Start this pie in the morning and chill it all day--ready for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake and cool deep dish pie shell following directions on the package; set aside.
- 2In 2 quart saucepan, mix milk, egg yolks, 1/4 C sugar, and 2 T cornstarch.
- 3Cook over medium heat until the mixture boils and thickens, stir constantly.
- 4Stir in vanilla and 1 T butter.
- 5Transfer this custard mixture to shallow glass dish (not in pie shell).
- 6Cover in plastic and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 7In 3 quart saucepan, stir 1 C berries with 2/3 C sugar, 3 T cornstarch and 1 C water.
- 8Heat to boiling over high heat.
- 9Cook 2 minutes until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 10Stir in lemon juice and 1 T butter.
- 11Stir in remaining berries.
- 12Spread chilled custard mixture into prepared pie shell.
- 13Top with berry mixture.
- 14Allow 3 hours in refrigerator for pie to "set" before serving.
- 16Make copies of this recipe--they're all going to want it!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Only Blueberry Pie Recipe You'll Ever Need
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 94.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g