Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
May be made ahead, frozen thawed, and baked. I like to make 2 batches of the chicken and freeze 1 so that next time I make this recipe it's much faster than the first time. Easy recipe accompanied with tossed salad & hot rolls.
- 170.09 g package wild rice mix
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 946.36 ml cooked chicken, cubed
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 141.74 g can water chestnuts, sliced
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 354.88 ml seasoned stuffing mix
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Blend in soup and next 6 ingredients; mix gently. Add broth and mix.
- Spread in a 9x13x2 inch dish. Sprinkle with topping; bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
This is a great recipe:) My mom is from Minnesota so we always had wild rice around for this casserole. I've also made it with lean ground beef and cream of mushroom soup and sauteed mushrooms added. Mom grew up having it with venison. Really great dish!
My Mom is from Minnesota and this is the real deal. We didn't put the stuffing on top though. Doesn't need it really. Excellent recipe and probably the best one on this site.
Easy. Good enough for company. I froze it without the stuffing.