Recipe by Designing Diva
May be made ahead, frozen thawed, and baked. I like to make 2 batches of the chicken and freeze 1 so that next time I make this recipe it's much faster than the first time. Easy recipe accompanied with tossed salad & hot rolls.
Top Review by dmac085
This is a great recipe:) My mom is from Minnesota so we always had wild rice around for this casserole. I've also made it with lean ground beef and cream of mushroom soup and sauteed mushrooms added. Mom grew up having it with venison. Really great dish!
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted